Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweeps Week

When I was a little kid I remember telling my mom I wanted to be a sack boy at the local grocery store because it seemed like an easy enough job and I could just talk to people all day long like the teenagers I saw doing it. Well it looks like Eli is following in his dad's high aspirations for employment because he has already started his training to become a master of the custodial arts. He has been taking hold of our little broom every chance he gets and will walk around the house trying to sweep up the entire floor. He even grabbed a broom at the restaurant we went to this past weekend and tried to bring it to the table to show everyone. He's pretty coordinated and, hopefully, with a little more practice he can start earning his keep by doing some proper chores because his mooching off of us is starting to get annoying. We've already started a college fund to send him to the most prestigious janitor school in Texas. After that all he will need is some crazy sideburns and a hula girl tattooed on his forearm, then he can start sprinkling sawdust on the puke of any school he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment